30 March 2005

BA Update: Will Smith and 40 ouncers

No, this is not some socially un-PC missive, just 2 silly observations about Argentina... 8-)

(background) Not sure if you know, but to say "I'' as in "me" in spanish, the word is "yo". (/background)
So we were renting a movie at the video store across the street, and I noticed the poster for Will Smith's movie based on Asimov's I, Robot story. In Spanish, the title is "Yo, Robot"... much more appropriate for a Will Smith movie I think, eh? 8-) Okay, I think it's funny... heh.

Second, is that I find it tough to get used to that most beer here is sold in 1 liter bottles, which basically look like 40 ouncers. Not having the social stigma that 40's have in the states, it's just a normal beer here... usually shared between several friends. People have them at their houses on dinner tables, at bar and restraunt tables etc... and no, they don't "spill a little for their homies"... Okay, so I think it's an amusing change to see them everywhere... 8-)

Got some great little video clips of some Capoeira folks practicing in the park on Sunday... I'll try to post them soon. Pretty amazing... dem boys and girls are in shape!

Charlie

No comments: